This particular Game & Watch, one of the most famous ones, was released on June 3rd, 1982 on the Multi-Screen Series.
- Mario can jump over barrels only if there is no girder above his head.
- Barrels become faster the more of them Mario jumps over in a single run. If Mario doesn't reach Donkey Kong quickly then barrels will move too fast for Mario to jump over.
- After activating the crane, it will swing left and right twice and then stop. Mario will then have to reactivate it for another chance.
- When will the player lose a life?
- If Mario is hit by a barrel.
- If Mario jumps and hits a moving iron girder.
- If Mario jumps and misses the crane.
Should the player lose a life, Mario will return to the starting point.
However, the game will be over when all lives are lost!
- 1pt for jumping over a barrel on the first girder.
- 2pts for jumping over a barrel on the second girder.
- 5-20pts for cutting one of Donkey Kong's wires (depending on how fast Mario reached it)
- 20pts when all four wires are cut.
- Maximum score is 999pts. Getting a higher score will reset the score tally to 0pts!
- For every 300pts scored, the player will earn an extra life; he/she can have up to three extra lives. If the player scores 300pts with his/her life stock to the maximum, "Chance Time" will be activated; causing the score to flash and all points to be worth double until he/she loses a life.
- Game modes
- Game A starts easy and is for beginners.
- Game B is faster and more difficult. For experts only!
- This is one of the most common G&W's. Can go for $30 to $65 boxed and $95 to $400 online.